Just want to greet everyone a very happy valentines day!!!!! Hope you had a great day!!! Yummmmm….. Our favourite nandos peri peri chickeb…..
Kid’s Chicken Barbeque…………Still part of my daughter’s kids menu, I already post starter’s such as “fried wonton and vegetable sticks” and posted desserts such as fruit kebab and kids cupcake. Now lets go with my kid’s little main dish. Barbecue wings. (oooppss, sorry it’s not in order, should be starter, salad, main and desserts etc). As we all know, most of the children can not say no to barbecues, we’ll my daughter can’t! To attract the children’s palate, I used banana ketsup as add-ons to my marinade mix, banana ketsup simply have a very good smell and sweet flavor once you grill your chicken barbeque. Must try!…………………………….Did you know that chicken is rich in selenium, another antioxidant-rich nutrient. Selenium in chicken has been shown to induce DNA repair in damaged cells and eliminate abnormal cells. This nutrient also activates an important antioxidant vital in cancer prevention, known as glutathione peroxidase, from proteins. Consuming chicken may help in the prevention of cancers.
- 1.5 kilogram chicken wings – cut in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sprite or soda
- 1/2 cup banana ketsup
- 1 tbsp lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- in a container, mix all ingredients except pork meat. mix well then add in chicken and rubbed evenly
- Best grilled using charcoal. or just simply use oven barbeque.
- best marinate for atleast 3 hours before grilling. brush the remaining marinade mix upon grilling your bbq..
Fried Wontons……………..This is one of my daughter’s favourite starter, as this is free everytime we buy in a famous takeaway shop here in NZ. So we decided to include this on her birthday menu as she loves anything fried and crispy(ooopps, I better watch out the fat/oil contents). Last post, I feature a very healthy vegetable sticks, this time I will be featuring “a not so healthy” option on your party menu. Sorry, it is fried so just take care of the fat and oil contents. (You need to drain it properly)…. But believe me, this is really awesome dude! Are you ready? Here we go………….
Ingredients: makes 60-80 pcs of fried wontons depending on the size
- 350 gms pork minced
- 100 gms small diced and peeled shrimps
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium minced onions
- 1 tsp seasoning soy sauce
- 2 pcs beaten egg
- 1/2 salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together except shrimp , mix well.
- Form a circle size approx a teaspoon of mixture and wrap over siomai wrapper. makes approx 80 pcs or even more depending on your size. smaller the better as the wonton might open when you fry.
- Heat oil and fry until golden brown. serve with sweet chilli sauce
Food in the future……………………My fellow bloggers, I would love to share you what we did in our 2012 Christmas Party in our Church. There is a competition were every group needs to design and create a futuristic dinner booth. And I am very happy to tell you guys that we won the first prize. Yes, the overall champion booth. Who knows this might be the start of a new generation that food in the future might come into a capsule. A flavored capsule which you can choose a wide variety of viand such as roast meats, vegetables, dessert, soups and etc. What you think?………..The lovely tomato flower curving was made by my wife!!!!!
Ingredients and preparation:
Lots of love and team efforts!
Vegetables sticks…………….My post today is still part of my Daughter’s birthday Party Menu. My previous post were “fruit Kebab and Kid’s Birthday Cupcake”. Now let’s do a simple vegetable sticks with dips. There will be no cooking required on this post as I only cut does healthy vegetable sticks and just bought a dip in the supermarket. The dip was cheese as I want to attract kids to eat and dip this veggie sticks on my cheese dips.If you are again running out of idea what to serve on party, you can simply cut this vegetables and it can serve as your starter for any meal. Your guest will surely love this as it is very healthy option on you menu…….YUUUUMMMM!!!
- Basically any vegetables you want: such as carrots, cucumber, turnips, celery and etc
- Dips: depends on your taste: you can choose cheese, aoili, sour cream and many more
- Do it with at most love!
- Cut the veggies as even as you can. Best served when chilled!
- Technic, blanch into a very cold water before serving. You can enjoy the crunchiness!
Cupcakes…………..I will share you a recipe we made during our daughter’s birthday party. Since our motif was Hawaiian theme, we made a “jandals design cupcake”. It is a very easy and supermoist chocolate cupcake. The toppings were made and design by my wife. She’s my very own Pastry Chef! For orders you may call her direct!! (Hahahaha LOL). Ok, Back to the recipe, We find ‘theme cupcakes” very expensive here in NZ as it will cost you about 3-4 dollars each cupcake, so thats why we decided to make our own as this will cost you like 10-15 dollars of more that 25 pcs cupcakes. (You can do the Maths) Very good profit!!! So, what are you waiting for, let’s do it and start selling cupcakes on kid’s birthdays!!!!……………..
Ingredients: makes 20-25 pcs cup cake
- 250 gms butter
- 250 gms dark chocolate for melting
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup bakers flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 pcs eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate bits for filling
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- White icing ready made for decor topping
- in a large plastic mixing bowl, combine dark chocolate and butter, microwave for 30 seconds then stir and back again for 30 seconds and stir. do this procedures until chocolate are melt. we dont want to burn the chocolate.
- add in eggs and beat. then add the rest of the ingredients. continue beating, this is a wet mixture.
- In a muffin tray, spread sheets of muffin paper, and pour in chocolate mixtures half way.
- Pre-heat oven at 170 celsius and bake for 8-12 minutes.
- cool down and garnish with white icing. Design may varry depending on your occasion.
Steamed Crab……………Just recently we are craving to eat crab as we had like 3 days in a week eating this simple steamed garlic crab. It is a simple “halabos na alimango” in our country (a tagalog word for steamed Crab). We had our own unique ways of eating this cfrab as my wife had her own dipping sauce (sawsawan) as she want chillies and vinegar and I go for a bagoong na alamang (shrimp paste)…yummmm!!! A very fast dish to prepare but a very long way to eat….You know how to eat crab, takes time!! hahahahaha
- 4 pcs medium crabs
- some garlic and ginger
- little water
- In a pot with cover, place everything and bring to a boil in slow heat settings. When the crab turns orange. it is ready.
Fruit Kebab…………We have this fruit dish when my daughter celebrated her 7th birthday here in NZ. The photo was taken by a professional photographer and top blogger raymund of angsarap.net. He’s a good friend of mine. Well, Back to the dish, When you want something healthy to go with your kids party, cocktail party or any event, you can try this dish. It has no cooking required as you can just stick on a barbeque stick any fruits you want. It is very easy as your kids can help you on your preparation as well. hhhmmmmm good bonding for you and your kids. My lovely wife made this fruit kebab………….Lets go healthy!!!!
Basically any fruits you want. I use the following
- Strawberry, grapes, melon, honeydew, pineapples
- Just cut the fruits evenly.