Crab in oyster sauce
Crab…………..One of my favourite dish but just can’t eat too much. They said If you eat more that 4 pcs, you might go to hospital for super hi-blood pressure, eat 6 and above maybe strait to cemetery. LOL! I think its true, One of my friend told me that based on his experience, he had a friend who eats 4 crabs in one meal, after a while, he went to the bathroom and do you know what happens next. They called the ambulance and was rushed to the hospital….Ok enough for that horrifying experience, let’s go back to the crab dish. It is a simple Asian inspired dish cooked with oyster sauce served with the crunchiness coming on the river spinach vegetable. Must try! Just remember to eat moderately…………………..Did you know that crab is a good source of heart healthy omega 3′s which help to lower triglycerides and blood pressure along with reducing the risk of heart disease. Omega 3′s are also thought to reduce the inflammation, enhance immune function, and even lower the risk of certain types of cancer.
Ingredients: serves 4 persons
- 4 pcs medium crab
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp garlic
- 1 small chopped onions
- 1 stalk chopped onion leeks
- 1 thumb size sliced ginger strips
- 1 bunch kangkong leaves (river spinach)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp corn starch dissolve in 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- In a pan with cover, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger. Then add in crab and half cup water and cover. boil for 5 minutes or until crab turns orange color.
- Add in river spinach then combine soy sauce, oyster sauce to dissolved cornstarch with water and pour into crab.
- Cook for a minute and serve hot.