Gourmet Pies – Mushroom and Spinach
pies….just playing with the layers of spinach in this pie, it is a simple pie made with traditional and all time favorite spinach and feta combination plus a herb roasted mushroom and bacon topping. You can never
Be wrong with this recipe, so simple tet very satisfing taste. Must try!!!!
Ingredients: makes 6 – 8 pies
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 18 pcs button mushrooms (cut in half)
- 5 pcs streaky bacon (cooked)
- 12 pcs fresh spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- salt and pepper
- mix dried herbs (marjoram and thyme)
- fresh chopped parsley
- Savoury pastry sheets approx 2 pcs 12 x 12
- grated cheese for topping
- In a muffin pan, spray oil and mold pastry sheets using a standard saucer. you can make pie molding of 6 or even 8 pcs on 2 pcs of 12×12 savoury pastry. Place and tear spinach leaves approc 1.5 pcs each molding. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk and cream and seasoned with salt and pepper and little herbs. Mix well. Pour in to pie molding about 3/4 full. Bake in 160 degrees at 20 minutes. Let it cool then Set aside
- heat a wide pan seared or pan roast mushroom and seasoned with salt and pepper and little herbs.
- Then assemble mushroom and bacon to pie molding topped with cheese. Bring to oven for same degrees allowing the cheese to melt for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite coffee or tea.
Posted on August 13, 2012, in Breads and Bakeries, breakffast dishes, Snacks, Vegetable dishes and tagged bacon, eggs, Gourmet Pies, mushroom, Mushroom and spinach, parsley, spinach. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.