Category Archives: Best Photo
Kid’s Chicken Barbeque…………Still part of my daughter’s kids menu, I already post starter’s such as “fried wonton and vegetable sticks” and posted desserts such as fruit kebab and kids cupcake. Now lets go with my kid’s little main dish. Barbecue wings. (oooppss, sorry it’s not in order, should be starter, salad, main and desserts etc). As we all know, most of the children can not say no to barbecues, we’ll my daughter can’t! To attract the children’s palate, I used banana ketsup as add-ons to my marinade mix, banana ketsup simply have a very good smell and sweet flavor once you grill your chicken barbeque. Must try!…………………………….Did you know that chicken is rich in selenium, another antioxidant-rich nutrient. Selenium in chicken has been shown to induce DNA repair in damaged cells and eliminate abnormal cells. This nutrient also activates an important antioxidant vital in cancer prevention, known as glutathione peroxidase, from proteins. Consuming chicken may help in the prevention of cancers.
- 1.5 kilogram chicken wings – cut in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sprite or soda
- 1/2 cup banana ketsup
- 1 tbsp lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- in a container, mix all ingredients except pork meat. mix well then add in chicken and rubbed evenly
- Best grilled using charcoal. or just simply use oven barbeque.
- best marinate for atleast 3 hours before grilling. brush the remaining marinade mix upon grilling your bbq..
Food in the future……………………My fellow bloggers, I would love to share you what we did in our 2012 Christmas Party in our Church. There is a competition were every group needs to design and create a futuristic dinner booth. And I am very happy to tell you guys that we won the first prize. Yes, the overall champion booth. Who knows this might be the start of a new generation that food in the future might come into a capsule. A flavored capsule which you can choose a wide variety of viand such as roast meats, vegetables, dessert, soups and etc. What you think?………..The lovely tomato flower curving was made by my wife!!!!!
Ingredients and preparation:
Lots of love and team efforts!
Vegetables sticks…………….My post today is still part of my Daughter’s birthday Party Menu. My previous post were “fruit Kebab and Kid’s Birthday Cupcake”. Now let’s do a simple vegetable sticks with dips. There will be no cooking required on this post as I only cut does healthy vegetable sticks and just bought a dip in the supermarket. The dip was cheese as I want to attract kids to eat and dip this veggie sticks on my cheese dips.If you are again running out of idea what to serve on party, you can simply cut this vegetables and it can serve as your starter for any meal. Your guest will surely love this as it is very healthy option on you menu…….YUUUUMMMM!!!
- Basically any vegetables you want: such as carrots, cucumber, turnips, celery and etc
- Dips: depends on your taste: you can choose cheese, aoili, sour cream and many more
- Do it with at most love!
- Cut the veggies as even as you can. Best served when chilled!
- Technic, blanch into a very cold water before serving. You can enjoy the crunchiness!
Cupcakes…………..I will share you a recipe we made during our daughter’s birthday party. Since our motif was Hawaiian theme, we made a “jandals design cupcake”. It is a very easy and supermoist chocolate cupcake. The toppings were made and design by my wife. She’s my very own Pastry Chef! For orders you may call her direct!! (Hahahaha LOL). Ok, Back to the recipe, We find ‘theme cupcakes” very expensive here in NZ as it will cost you about 3-4 dollars each cupcake, so thats why we decided to make our own as this will cost you like 10-15 dollars of more that 25 pcs cupcakes. (You can do the Maths) Very good profit!!! So, what are you waiting for, let’s do it and start selling cupcakes on kid’s birthdays!!!!……………..
Ingredients: makes 20-25 pcs cup cake
- 250 gms butter
- 250 gms dark chocolate for melting
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup bakers flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 pcs eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate bits for filling
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- White icing ready made for decor topping
- in a large plastic mixing bowl, combine dark chocolate and butter, microwave for 30 seconds then stir and back again for 30 seconds and stir. do this procedures until chocolate are melt. we dont want to burn the chocolate.
- add in eggs and beat. then add the rest of the ingredients. continue beating, this is a wet mixture.
- In a muffin tray, spread sheets of muffin paper, and pour in chocolate mixtures half way.
- Pre-heat oven at 170 celsius and bake for 8-12 minutes.
- cool down and garnish with white icing. Design may varry depending on your occasion.
Exploring stir fry beef Asian style…………Once again I will be featuring “stir-fry beef”. This time, I will cook the beef with bok choy. It is a very Asian inspired dish that once you master the cooking of stir-fry beef, you can explore any vegetables you may want to accompany with this very tender quick-cook beef. Here in my place, almost every week we cook Asian dish such as this one……..Must try!
Ingredients: serves 4-6 persons
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 thumb size ginger sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 500 grams thinly sliced beef (tendered and soak in 1 tsp soda. salt & pepper for 10 minutes)
- 4 bunches of bok choy
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1.5 cup water
- 1 small can of black beans (use 3 tbsp and mashed it)
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion leeks
- Heat oil in pan , add beef and stir fry until brown and season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, ginger and onions and soy sauce. Saute’ for 2 minutes.
- Add black beans. Continue stirring for 2-3 minutes then pour in bok choy.
- Add water with cornstarch and boil for 2 minutes, then add onion leeks and sesame oil then remove from heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy!!!!!
Just want to make fun with the kids.
- 1 pcs wheat bread
- 2 pcs poached egg
- 2 pcs streaky bacon cooked
- parsley for garnishing.
- In a plate, assemble everything making a smiley face
- To poached an egg – simply add little vinegar and salt to boiling water. poach egg for 2 minutes or you desired egg doneness.
Gourmet sandwiches……………Just want to share you the best selling ham sandwich “to go or takeaway” I’ve ever made. So simple and very healthy loaded with mesclun greens and vegetables complete with egg served in a soy and linseed bread. Great for you snack, morning and afternoon tea or even lunch and breakfast. ………………Did you know that eggs are very good source of protein? By eating 2 pcs eggs a day, it supplies all the protein you need during the day. As we know, protein helps build our muscles and strong bones. And also, eggs are a very cheap source of protein too. Here in NZ, Eggs are priced at 4.90 NZD a tray (30 pcs). How about in your place?…….
- 4 boiled eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 pcs soy linseed bread
- mesclun greens
- grated carrots
- grated cheese
- little mayo
- 2 pcs shoulder ham
- 2 pcs tomato
- 2 pcs cucumber
- egg salad
- salt and pepper
- Just using your creative imagination, assemble all ingredients together.
- Best for your lunch box and snack with a cup of coffee or tea.
Scones………..My shift in the morning wont be complete If I don’t make this scone. As part of my routine, baking scones, muffins, rolls, loaf, quiche and other baking staff. I consider this scone making will be your entry-level to the world of baking. The first time I made it, It doesn’t really looks good as the flour did not rise. Because my Pastry Chef told me that if I mix it very well, the scones will not rise. Well, I am a type of person that the motto is “to see is to believe”. So what I did is, I mix it really well. The Chef is right, It did not rise! So from then on, I learn the patience when it comes to baking………………Did you know that dates and sultanas contains fluorine, which is an essential mineral to slow down the process of early tooth decay. Fluorine is also known to keep plaque at bay by strengthening the tooth enamel. However, many people are of the misconception that tooth enamel can magically reverse tooth decay. This is not true. Tooth enamel consists of hydroxyapatites, which when brought in contact with fluorine forms hydroxyfluoroapatites, which is resistant to decay. This clearly means that fluorine helps prevent further tooth decay, but cannot reverse the decay process. …..
Ingredients: makes 8-10 scones depending on your desired size.
- 3 cups self-raising flour (you may need a more)
- 100 grams melted butter
- 100 grams white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 grams dates and 100 grams sultana soaked in 1 cup water for at least 1 hour
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a very wide mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients first them mix well. Pour in flour and salt and fold until mixture are dry and but little bit soft. you may need extra flour.
- Using your hand, mold a circle flour in your palm depending on your size. repeat procedures and this recipe makes 8-10 scones. place into a tray with sprayed oil.
- Bake at 180 degrees at 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with coffee or tea