Category Archives: Egg dishes
Fried Wontons……………..This is one of my daughter’s favourite starter, as this is free everytime we buy in a famous takeaway shop here in NZ. So we decided to include this on her birthday menu as she loves anything fried and crispy(ooopps, I better watch out the fat/oil contents). Last post, I feature a very healthy vegetable sticks, this time I will be featuring “a not so healthy” option on your party menu. Sorry, it is fried so just take care of the fat and oil contents. (You need to drain it properly)…. But believe me, this is really awesome dude! Are you ready? Here we go………….
Ingredients: makes 60-80 pcs of fried wontons depending on the size
- 350 gms pork minced
- 100 gms small diced and peeled shrimps
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium minced onions
- 1 tsp seasoning soy sauce
- 2 pcs beaten egg
- 1/2 salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together except shrimp , mix well.
- Form a circle size approx a teaspoon of mixture and wrap over siomai wrapper. makes approx 80 pcs or even more depending on your size. smaller the better as the wonton might open when you fry.
- Heat oil and fry until golden brown. serve with sweet chilli sauce
Food in the future……………………My fellow bloggers, I would love to share you what we did in our 2012 Christmas Party in our Church. There is a competition were every group needs to design and create a futuristic dinner booth. And I am very happy to tell you guys that we won the first prize. Yes, the overall champion booth. Who knows this might be the start of a new generation that food in the future might come into a capsule. A flavored capsule which you can choose a wide variety of viand such as roast meats, vegetables, dessert, soups and etc. What you think?………..The lovely tomato flower curving was made by my wife!!!!!
Ingredients and preparation:
Lots of love and team efforts!
Just want to make fun with the kids.
- 1 pcs wheat bread
- 2 pcs poached egg
- 2 pcs streaky bacon cooked
- parsley for garnishing.
- In a plate, assemble everything making a smiley face
- To poached an egg – simply add little vinegar and salt to boiling water. poach egg for 2 minutes or you desired egg doneness.
Lugaw…………Inspired by Chinese cuisines, We Filipinos have our own version of congee (lugaw). Usually plain congee served with variety of side dishes. It can be boiled egg, tokwat baboy(tofu), Utak(pigs brain) and lumpia toge. Back home in Valenzuela. There is a famous small cafe (cafeteria or lugawan) that only serve lugaw(congee). I have watched their business grows as I am an avid fan of their congee. The congee house name is “cornelios lugaw”. They start with a little space or like a small food stall that can only fit 4-6 customers. As months and year pass by, the started adding chairs and table on the side streets as they are very busy during midnight to morning hours. As lugaw in opur place is very popular breakfast and meal for those who has a hangover from night’s party. Then they become bigger and bigger as when the last time I saw the shop, they were a small restaurant that offers variety of meals and open 24 hours. I think from 6 seater food stall they are now catering for at least 60 persons. What a success!!!!……………………….Did you know that congee with egg is a powerful meal during breakfast. It is loaded with carbohydrates plus the fact that I served it with egg. Egg are very cheap source of protein. In combination, this meal can supply all the energy you may need during the day.
ingredients (serves 4-6 persons)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 50 gms ginger sliced
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 /2 cup glutenous rice
- 1.5 liter of water or chicken stock
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp kasubha
- slices of onion leeks (for toppings)
- 6 cloves crushed toasted garlic
- 6 pcs boiled eggs
- In a large sauce pan, boil white & glutenous rice in one and a half liter of water until cooked. approx 30 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, ginger & onion and seasoned with salt and pepper
- Pour saute chicken into the sauce pan of boiling rice. add in kasugba, and seasoned with fish sauce.
- Adjust your desired thickness by adding water.
- Serve hot in a bowl and garnish with toasted garlic & onion leeks
Eggs…………there are hundred ways to cook egg….I’ll teach you one easy and healthy way. Cook it with your favourite green leafy vegetables. Its one of the quick way if you want to pair your fried or grilled dishes. This is my favorite breakfast as I paired it with my dried fish (tuyo)…………….Did you know that the A and C vitamins in spinach plus the fiber, folic acid, magnesium and other nutrients help control cancer, especially colon, lung and breast cancers. Folate also lowers the blood levels of something called homocysteine, a protein that damages arteries. So spinach also helps protect against heart disease.
Ingredients: good for sharing
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onions sliced
- 3 fresh eggs beaten
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 pc medium tomato slices
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a teflon pan, heat oil and saute onions. add in tomatoes and seasoned with salt & pepper, add in spinach and stir with egg. continue stirring for a minute. do not over cook egg.
- Serve hot!