I remember this recipe was made by accident back in PHI when I was working in banquet and catering dept. The story is, we had an over crowded event that supposed to be a hundred persons and suddenly went to a 150 persons. Lucky, in banquet kitchen, we already have some fried meats such as chicken, pork and fish so meaning we only need to make the sauce for every dish. Since the menu theme is continental buffet, it is very safe for us to create a dish. We called it as the Caribbean Chicken in white creamy sauce………………..Did you know that cajun seasoning is a mix of spices such as chili, cayenne pepper, onion and garlic powder, black and white pepper. Cayenne pepper gives the distinctive red coloration to a Cajun spice mixture. Additionally, cayenne pepper is the source of the heat that is common to Cajun seasoning. Cayenne nourish the heart with vital nutrients, remove plaque from the arteries, help rebuild flesh destroyed or harmed by frostbite, heal hemorrhoids, re-build stomach tissue, heal stomach ulcers, fortify your overall health, and mitigate the most wrenching of diseases……….As I always say to my post, the more spicy, the more healthy………
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 8 pcs chicken drumsticks (cut in half or you can serve it whole drumsticks)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables(corn, carrots, peas)
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 small white onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 stalk coriander
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup diced capsicum
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger. saute well then add in chicken and let it brown(saute approx 5-8 minutes). then season with cajun seasoning.
- then add in mixed vegetables, sultanas and capsicum. simmer for another 2 minutes. adjust taste by adding salt & pepper
- Add in coriander and milk then remove from heat. don’t boil milk.
- Serve hot!!!
Chicken wrap…a healthy mix of veggies combined with baked chicken. You can also use wide variety of meat like roast lamb, roast beef, seafood like fried calamares, fried fish and more…The first time I tasted this in NZ, It reminds me of philippines shawarma, they said the best shawara was in our place, Quezon City-tandang sora……Did you know that serving a baked chicken in your diet, you take a lot of percentage of the niacin, or vitamin B-3, you need each day. The niacin in baked chicken helps to improve your body’s circulation and ability to make a variety of hormones. You also take in some percentage of the daily recommended amount of selenium, which plays a critical role in fertility and protects your immune function
Ingredients: serves 4-6 wraps
- 750 gms baked chicken breast(baked in 180 degrees for 30 minutes rubbed with salt & pepper)
- 6 pcs tortilla wraps
- 1 small carrots grated
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 200 gms mesclun salad greens
- 2 pcs tomatoes sliced
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 medium white onions sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tsp cajun powder (1 tsp each wrap)
- 6 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (1 tsp for each wrap)
- 6 tbsp hot sauce (1 tsp for each wrap)
- Using your imagination, wrap the following ingredients. cover with foil and toast for about 5 minutes.
Enjoy with a glass of juice…great for your lunch box too…….
This is the latest dish I created in our Cafe…It turns out to be my boss favorite meal. It is a grilled chicken spiced with cajun seasoning served with a salsa and spaghetti tomato based noodles…Did you know that cajun seasoning is mainly composed of cayenne pepper. Cayenne is known for its thousand of health benefits. It is great for the stomach and the intestinal tract. It stimulates the peristaltic motion of the intestines and aids in assimilation and elimination. . . Some reserach says it can do everything from kills cancer cells in the prostate, lungs, and pancreas to immediately stop a heart attack within 30 seconds. “A teaspoon of cayenne could bring the patient out of the heart attack.” . . .
Ingredients (good for sharing)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- red & green capsicum
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 150 gms spaghetti noodles
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- dash of marjoram & thyme
- chopped fresh parsley
- In a teflon pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions. add in the rest of ingredients and set aside
- 150 grams chicken breast (seasoned with cajun & sat & pepper)
- heat a little oil in a grill pan…seared chicken for 5-8 minutes until brown.
Salsa Fresca: (makes 6-8 servings)
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium green capsicum
- 1 medium red capsicum
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium onions
- 1 stalk coriander
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of salt & pepper
- in a container, mix all ingredients together, let it chilled for 30 minutes or overnight, cover and keep in fridge will last 2-3 days.
- using your imagination, plate nicely in a 12 inches round plate. serve with garlic bread