To be honest, It took me 50 shots to take this photo..sorry I am not really a good photographer. I wish I could be someday…While taking photos, we start eating the cake then I realized I havent take a full photo shot of the cake…huhuhuhu!!!..A very sinful chocolate cake!!!….Did you know that chocolates are high in potassium and magnesium, chocolate also provides us with several vitamins – including B1, B2, D, and E. As for calories, no one is going to claim chocolate is the quintessential diet food. But still, it is low enough for a dieter to enjoy one as an occasional treat. Besides, indulging your chocolate craving from time to time can help prevent the bingeing that is a dieter’s worst enemy….
Ingredients: Makes one round sinfully delicious chocolate cake
- 150 gma butter
- 1 cup white caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup bakers flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 100 gms 70% dark chocolate melted
- 3/4 cup fresh cream
Topping: Chocolate ganache
- 400 dark chocolate melts
- 1 cup fresh cream
- Rainbow choco sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease a deep 20 or 22 cm round cake tin and line the base with baking paper
- Beat butter and sugar in a mixing bowl with until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.This will help create a smooth texture.
- add the following ingredients by sifting flours, bicarbonate of soda, and cocoa, then stir in the melted chocolate and milk
- Spread in cake tin and bake for approximately 1 hour or until firm to touch.
- Leave in cake tin for 30 minutes, then turn onto wire rack to cool. cut half way(for chocolate ganache filling inside)
- To make the topping, place chocolate and cream in a container and microwave for 2 minutes, stir over heat until chocolate is melted. Pour over on half of cake , assemble other half and pour the remaining ganache on top of cake.
- Using your imagination, decorate your cake with rainbow sprinkles or some chocolate shavings.
- Best with a cup of coffee or tea.