Again, This dish is one of my collection recipe from banquet and catering menus. It is a braised beef with kidney beans slowly cooked with tomato sauce. For your reference I already posted the pork and beans. This is quite different from the pork version because I add lots of health vegetables such as celery and carrots to enhance the beef flavor. and in banquet, it will also serve as a good extender. …………………..Did you know that this recipe is mainly compose of kidney beans, and people who consume kidney beans on daily basis are availing of the richness of the antioxidants contained therein helping them trim down chances of cancer and diabetes. It helps to remember that instances of diabetes and cancer are correlated. Cellular oxidation of food is enhanced in case of diabetics along with inflammation. These twin activities have substantial impact on some people predisposed to cancer to come up with the situation……
Ingredients: serves 6-8 persons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large onions chopped
- 1.5 kilo of beef meaty bones
- 1 cup red kidney beans (soak in 2 cups water for 24 hours)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup minced carrots
- 1 stalk minced celery
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- salt & pepper
- Parsley leaves for garnishing
- In a sauce pan, boil red beans for about 30 minutes or until beans are soft. set aside
- In another large saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion, celery and carrots then add in beef and seasoned with salt & pepper. saute for about 5 minutes and add in water and cook for 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- add in beans, add in tomato sauce, sage and thyme. adjust your taste by adding fish sauce.
- you can add water for your desired thickness.