mini…..If I will call this a car, it would be a mini cooper!! A double chocolate cake topped with dark chocolate ganache..It’s a death by chocolate!!!..Great to go with a cup of long black(Americano) or a brewed coffee or a latte. Almost every chocolate ingredients are the same. The secret of making a good chocolate cake depends on the dark chocolate we used and the perfect timing of its temperature and cooking time. If you prefer super moist, I will give you some tips. Before you bake your chocolate cake, let your mixture cool down or place into fridge for 1 hour then bake it. Its like controlling the hot and cold temperature of your cake. Believe it or not? Try it………..Did you know that chocolates are made from plants, which means it contains many of the health benefits of dark vegetables. These benefits are from flavonoids, which act as antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the body from aging caused by free radicals, which can cause damage that leads to heart disease……..Dark chocolate is good for your heart. A small bar of it everyday can help keep your heart and cardiovascular system running well…
Ingredients: makes 6-8 mini chocolates depending on the size of rameikin
- 1 cup 70 percent dark chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 fresh eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup bakers flour
- 1/2 cup sweet chocolate buttons
- in a large plastic mixing bowl, combine dark chocolate and butter, microwave for 30 seconds then stir and back again for 30 seconds and stir. do this procedures until chocolate are melt. we dont want to burn the chocolate.
- add in eggs and beat. then add the rest of the ingredients. continue beating, this is a wet mixture.
- In a rameikin, spray oil and pour in chocolate mixtures half waythen place 3-5 pcs of sweet chocolate buttons then fill chocolate mixture until 3/4 full. .Place in fridge for 1 hour then bake it. We are looking for a moist chocolate cake.
- Pre-heat oven at 160 celsius and bake for 20 minutes.
Topping: Chocolate ganache
- 300 dark chocolate melts
- 3/4 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup sifted icing sugar
* in a plastic mixing bowl, microwave all the ingredients for 30 seconds then stir well, back again for another 30 seconds until all ingredients mix up. This will form a thick chocolate ganache. pour over on top of the mini cakes.