Crab n corn chowder…..the recipe is great for banquets and catering. I remember when I was working in banquets, this soup is quite popular on our set menu’s list. almost every functions, we had this soup….Did you know that crab meat contains omega-3 fatty acids, which help lower blood pressure and thus reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. In addition, omega-3 fatty acids are known to lower triglycerides, increase the supply of HDL or good cholesterol, prevent blood clotting and strengthen resistance to infections
Ingredients(serves 8-10 persons)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onions
- 1 stalk celery
- 6-8 pcs of crabmeat processed (cut in dice and leave 2 pcs for garnishing-cut strips)
- 2 pcs crab / or crab claws (to add that exquisite flavor)
- 2 cups of mixed veggies(more in corn, carrots, peas)
- 1.5 liter of water
- 1 cup flour dissolve in 1 cup water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- drizzle of olive oil
- a bunch of smile while cooking!!!!
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic onion and celery for 2-3 minutes. add in crab claws or whole crab and stir for another 3-4 minutes. add in crab meat processed, veggies and water. bring to boil then add cream & flour. seasoned with salt & pepper and mixed herbs.
- Add cheese and drizzle with olive oil before serving!!
- Best with garlic bread…
This dish is made by accident . . My friend(victor) visited me on my day-off, instead of offering a cup of coffee, I realized that it is getting lunch time and the weather is going colder. Lucky I was preparing a Beef stew so I have a beef stock and some instant seafood mix in my fridge. I think no matter how simple the dish you prepared as long as you make it with well and byheart, it will taste really good. try this…..Did you know tha beef broth is an essential ingredient in many recipes, like classic onion soup, beef noodles, beef hot pots and it is full of natural and healthy ingredients. and Beef in particular is rich in phosphorous and iron. Phosphorous is necessary for strong teeth and bones and Iron helps carry oxygen in the blood, to all cells and muscles and prevents fatigue….
Ingredients:( makes 4-6 bowls)
- 250 gms beef with bones
- 1 liter of water
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 tbsp ginger crushed
- sat & pepper
- (if you have-peel of carrots, peel of potatoes – washed)
In a bowl:
- 50 grams egg noodles
- 3-4 pcs intant seafood mix
- 2-3 pcs beef chunks
- 1 pc bok choy
- soup stock
- In a large sauce pan, – combine all ingredients to make a beef broth, let it boil using low heat for a minimum of 2 hours.
- assemble your “bowl” ingredients and pour in hot beef stock, you can also serve it with boiled egg….
Palabok….Preparing this dish takes me a lots of patience, It took me almost one hour to finish it. But after that, as they say; “pag may tiyaga, may nilaga”…the hardworks really pay off. This are many versions of cooking palabok, but my one is from my wife’s grand mother’s cooking style and technique. Its loaded with seafoods….. Did you know that Seafood is an excellent source of many important minerals, including iodine, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. It is also rich in many vitamins, especially the B group. Eating seafoods two or three times a week can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Ingredients: makes one round tray
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 1/2 liter shrimp broth (from your boiled peeled shrimp)
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup bread crunmbs
- 1 tbsp powder achuete for coloring
- 500 gms palabok noodles – cooked and drain
- ½ cup tinapa flakes (smoked fish)
- ½ cup chicharon (pounded)
- 3 hard boiled eggs,sliced
- 1 cup cooked shrimps (boiled and save broth)
- 3 tbsp fried garlic
- 2 pieces lemon, sliced (or 6 to 8 pieces calamansi)
- 1 cup boiled julliene cabbage
- 1 cup squid adobo (see link how to cook adobo)
* chillies are optional
- in a round serving tray, plce cooked noodles.. the topped with caldo sauce.(or you can assemble in plate individually)
- Using your creative imagination, topped the following ingredients.
Pasta marinara…”If I will call this as a movie, it would be a TITANIC”… This was the all time favorite pasta in most Cafe I have worked with. And because it was very popular, I made a variety of marinara, these are, creamy marinara, pesto marinara, seafood trio pasta plus they can even choose their own noodles such as penne, angel hair, spaghetti, fettuccine and etc…
Did you know that seafoods is an excellent source of many important minerals, including iodine, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. It is also rich in many vitamins, especially the B group. Seafood is also good source of flourine, which in addition, well known role in keeping teeth healthy and help calcium loss from our bones.
Prep time 10 min / Cooking time 8-10 minutes / 1 serving good for sharing
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 pc small onions chopped
1/4 of red & green bell pepper
1 med tomato (quartered)
100 grams of mixed seafoods (shrimp, fish, squid & crab meat)
150 gms cooked noodles (your choice of spaghetti, penne or fettuccine)
1/c of tomato sauce
1 tsp mix herbs
salt & pepper to taste
* you can add black olives as optional ingredient
* In a teflon pan, heat olive oil, saute garlic and onion and add bell peppers, tomato & mix seafood. Cooked for 2-3 minutes. then add noodles, tomato sauce, herbs & seasones with salt & pepper. place on a warm plate then sprinkle parmesan & parsley before serving.
To cook noodles:
in a sauce pan of boiling water, add a little salt and cooking oil. pour in noodles and cooked for about 5-7 minutes or until aldente.
Best with toast garlic bread, pizza or even roast meals…Enjoy