Salmon Head………As part of our 5 dollar challenge meal in our house, one of the list is this recipe. It is a fish recipe where in you just place all ingredients and boil it. Yes, it is very easy to cook. Well, you can not be wrong with salmon. Even it is the head part, it is very tasty and full of flavour.”pinangat” means a dish cooked with sour ingredients like vinegar, lemons, calamansi or tamarind. There are wide variety to cooked this dish depending on your taste. Must try!……………………Did you know that salmon is the healthiest food in the planet? Aside from its high content of omega-3 fatty acids, it is also a good source of Vitamin D as well. Vitamin D has been shown to play a crucial role in lowering the risk of several types of cancer, including breast, prostate, and colorectal cancer. Salmon contains particularly high levels of vitamin D and selenium, which is also associated with prevention of certain types of cancer, including colorectal cancer.
Ingredients: serves 2-3 persons
- 2 heads of salmon cut into half
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium size tomatoes quartered
- 1 medium size onions sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 2 pcs dried chillies optional
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar.
- In a medium wide saucepan, place and arrange everything except bok choy and bring to boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in bok choy and boil for a minute.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and a dipping sauce made of fish sauce and chillies
A very popular dish specially for those people living nearby seas and oceans… For some people, they don’t consume fish head as they think it does not have enough meat inside. But for me, I find fish head very flavourful especially if you cook as s soup like this dish. I remember, I had a friend of mine back home, they owned a family business fast food with a branch every SM supermalls. They are just selling fish heads of different kinds, heads of salmon, snapper, king fish and many more. If I can still remember their restaurant name is “sinigang na ulo-ulo”…………………………Did you know that fish contains a lot of omega 3 fatty acids or fish oil promote brain development? There are some studies that a pregnant women loves to eat a fish(which means lots of omega3 fatty acids or fish oil on her diet) had babies with higher IQs and fewer learning disorders, and were less likely to develop mental retardation or cognitive delays…………
- 2 pcs fish heads (preferably eel or snapper)
- 1.5 liters of water
- 1 medium onions (quartered)
- 2 tbsp of ginger slices
- 2 pcs of medium tomatoes (quartered)
- 4 pcs string beans (cut 2 inches approx)
- 1 bunch kangkong or bokchoy
- 5 pcs ocra
- 1 small raddish (sliced
- 1 pc of egg plant (sliced)
- 1 pck of sinigang mix sa miso (for 1.5 liter mix)
* please slice your vegetables evenly
- In a large sauce pan, boil water and onions & ginger then add fish and cooked for approx 5-10 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cooked for about 2-3 minutes and serve hot. Dont over cook veggies.
- serve with fish sauce with chillies on the side.