Baby Bok Choy with Chilli Dressing
Bok choy or Chinese white cabbage. A simple and very healthy dish. This leaf vegetable is a member of the cabbage family and very popular in Asian cuisine. Did you know that Bok Choy is a good source of vitamins and minerals specifically rich in indoles. Preliminary studies suggest that these photochemicals may help prevent breast cancer…So ladies,,,lets cook and eat bok choy.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 1-2 minutes. serves for 2-3 person
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 finely sliced diagonally red chillies
- 2 finely chopped cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp japanese rice wine (mirin)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 500 g. or 1 bunch baby bok choy
- For the dressing, combine ginger, chilli, garlic, sesame oil, japanese rice wine (mirin), soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- In a large saucepan, blanch the whole baby bok choy in boiling water for 1 minute, then place in a serving plate. Drizzle with the dressing.
Best with fried dishes such as Deep fried Fish, Porkchops and even on steam fish….