Bacon and Broccoli Pasta
Bacon and broccoli pasta….this pasta is made in a creamy white sauce perfectly combined with broccoli. I remember I created this dish 5 or 6 years ago as a special dish for the month. now, its back, from philippines to new zealand, ….A new arrival in my present work place…
Did you know that broccoli is not only rich in disease-fighting vitamin C, it also contains beta carotene, sulphoraphane and indoles – which protects or slow the growth of some types of cancer…hmmmm, I think we better start eating broccoli now….
Prep time:6-8 minutes / cooking time 5-6 minutes / 1 serving good for sharing
in the plate:
- 3 tbsp butter(approx 40gms)
- 1 clove garlic(minced)
- 1/2 med onion(minced)
- 2 strips bacon(strips)
- 60-80 gms broccoli
- 150 gms spagettini noodles(cooked)
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 30 ml water
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pc egg
- parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- In a teflon pan, melt butter (but do not brown) saute garlic, onion & bacon. cooked until bacon is a little crispy.
- add in broccoli and noodles. simmer for 2 minutes. add cream & water then seasoned with salt/pepper & mix herbs.
- add in egg and remove in fire(we dont want the egg to be scrambled). place in a warm plate and sprinkle with parmesan cheese & fresh parsley before serving.
Best with pizza, garlic bread or even roast meals… enjoy!!!