Pork Barbeque on sticks
Pork barbeque….this is a very popular street food in my country. You will find this food in almost every corner of streets especially during afternoon time. It is great for snack and “pulutan” (appetizer) for alcoholic beverages such as beer and wines. On that same food stall, we are also selling all kinds of BBq, to name some, we have, Paa ng manok(chicken feet), Betamax (blood of pig), Bbq intestines (chicken or pork) and more….
Did you know that Pork is the number one dietary source of thiamin and it offers an impressive amount of vitamin B as well. Pork is naturally low in salt and a rich source of good quality protein…But too much eating of pork especially its fat can lead to some serious health problems.
Ingredients: makes 12-15 skewers
- 500 grams pork meat – thinly slice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sprite or soda
- 1 tbsp lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- in a container, mix all ingredients except pork meat. mix well then add in pork and rubbed evenly
- place 4-5 pcs of porkmeat on a skewer(bamboo stick should be soak to water for atleast 2 hours to prevent from burning)
- best marinate for atleast 3 hours before grilling. brush the remaining marinade mix upon grilling your bbq..
Posted on July 6, 2011, in Appetizers, Pork and tagged bbq, pork, pork barbeque. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
my Ginger’s favorite….
Pingback: Pancit at Tinapay (bread and noodles) « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas