Kalderetang baka(beef casserole)
Kalderetang baka…whew!!! one of my favorite filipino dishes, If you use pork meat – its called menudo, if chicken – Its apritada…there are many type of cooking method of beef kalderata. saute or “sinangkutsa”..I’ve used the traditional one(sinangkutsa)…..Did you know that beef is a good source of zinc, which is helpful for preventing the damage to blood vessel walls, which can contribute to atherosclerosis and is also needed for the proper functioning of immune system.It can also help reduce heart cause related diseases.
Ingredients: serves 4-6 persons
- 500 gms Beef brisket & 500 gms beef with bones (bite size)
- 2 pcs potatoes (big diced)
- 1 pc carrots (big diced)
- 1 pc tomato
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 med onions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 100 gms chicken liver (mashed)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 tbsp fish sauce(patis)
- chillies optional
- sky flakes(optional used to thickened sauce)
- a bunch of SMILE!!!!
- in a large sauce pan, place all ingredients except carrots & potatoes. bring to a boil using low heat for 45 minutes. (stiring every 5 minutes)
- when beef is half tender, pour in potatoes & carrots, chillies & flakes is your option.
- check if beef is ready, seasoned with salt & pepper then add cheese before serving
- Enjoy & have a big appetite!!!