Kalderetang baka(beef casserole)
Kalderetang baka…whew!!! one of my favorite filipino dishes, If you use pork meat – its called menudo, if chicken – Its apritada…there are many type of cooking method of beef kalderata. saute or “sinangkutsa”..I’ve used the traditional one(sinangkutsa)…..Did you know that beef is a good source of zinc, which is helpful for preventing the damage to blood vessel walls, which can contribute to atherosclerosis and is also needed for the proper functioning of immune system.It can also help reduce heart cause related diseases.
Ingredients: serves 4-6 persons
- 500 gms Beef brisket & 500 gms beef with bones (bite size)
- 2 pcs potatoes (big diced)
- 1 pc carrots (big diced)
- 1 pc tomato
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 med onions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 100 gms chicken liver (mashed)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 tbsp fish sauce(patis)
- chillies optional
- sky flakes(optional used to thickened sauce)
- a bunch of SMILE!!!!
- in a large sauce pan, place all ingredients except carrots & potatoes. bring to a boil using low heat for 45 minutes. (stiring every 5 minutes)
- when beef is half tender, pour in potatoes & carrots, chillies & flakes is your option.
- check if beef is ready, seasoned with salt & pepper then add cheese before serving
- Enjoy & have a big appetite!!!
Posted on July 10, 2011, in Mains and tagged Beef, beef caldereta, casserole. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.
this is my favorite….
I love a good hearty beef stew (or any good stew, I guess!), and the addition of the mashed chicken liver is a clever way to both flavor and thicken the stew while also adding great nutritional value. I’d never heard of such a thing, and it’s really quite marvelous sounding.
yes…Actually, i like using the chicken liver as an added flavor especially when i am making a stew made of tomato sauce. it just blend really good…must try…thanks!!
Pingback: Chicken Afritada « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas
Pingback: Pancit at Tinapay (bread and noodles) « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas
Pingback: Sinigang Na Pata ng Baboy (sour pork hocks) « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas
Pingback: Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-fry « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas
Pingback: Beef Mechado (beef casserole) « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas
Pingback: Menudo (pork casserole) « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas