Coca-cola chicken & pork in soy sauce
This dish is not mine….its from our “chinese barista”(coffee maker)…It si very similar to philippines Adobo. The only difference is that she use lots of ginger, fried chillies, sesame oil & coke as a sustitute for water….Did you know that Ginger is an excellent natural remedy for nausea, motion sickness, morning sickness and general stomach upset due to its carminative effect which helps break up and expel intestinal gas. Some studies show ginger may also help prevent certain forms of cancer.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50 gm of thinly sliced ginger
- 500 gms pork (cut into bite size)
- 500 gms chicken (any part cut into bite size)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- pepper corn and salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup coca cola(softdrinks)
- 1 tbsp dried chillies(optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- with a little oil brown pork and chicken in a heavy skillet
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, bay leaves, sugar, salt, peppercorn, dried chillies and coca cola.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 20 mins
- Cover and let simmer until it becomes tender. and all the juice is absorbed. add sesame oil before serving
Posted on July 11, 2011, in Mains and tagged Chicken. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.
sarap nito…try nyo mga kapatid….
I’m intrigued about using coca cola in cooking and trying to imagine what it’s like. Does it reduce and make a sweet syrrupy sauce? And have you ever used it in anything else?
Yes…It can make the meat very tender because of the soda present in the coke and make a sweet saucy reduction…mostly I used Sprite for my cooking, especially beef & pork recipe…thanks!!! please let me know once you try it…enjoy!!!
Hi,Watch This FREE Video How To Build Over 100,000 backlinks and drove over 500,000 targeted visitors from free traffic source to your sites http://rankbuilder2.net/ Get Google Top Spot Now