Lumpiang toge(beansprout roll)
Lumpiang toge….This is one of the streetfoods in the philippines. I remember when I was a child, they sell it for 3 for 5.00 pesos..(maybe 20 cents approx to nz dollar)..originally it was only compose of mixed vegetables such as beansprout, carrots, cabbage, onions & more. To make it a little exciting, I include mix of seafoods inside. . . Did you know that beansprout contains all of the nutrients found in the various fruits and vegetables. It has protein, carbohydrates, major vitamin contribution: B vitamins, folate, vitamin C Major mineral contribution: Iron, potassium. thus, some studies says it may help with weight loss and improve risk markers for cardiovascular disease….
Ingredients: (makes 25 rolls)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onions
- 10 pcs fish balls (cut thinly)
- 10 pcs shrimps (peeled and cut into small size)
- left over fried fish (if you have)
- 200 gms beansprout
- 100 gms carrots jullienne
- 100 gms cabbage jullienne
- 2 stalks of coriander
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 25 pc wanton wrapper.
- In a pan, saute garlic & onions, add in seafoods for 2-3 minutes. then add in rest of vegetables. don’t over cook. seasoned with salt & pepper & soy sauce
- Let it cool…Wrap in a wanton wrapper or lumpiang wrapper then deep fry.
- Serve with vinegar sauce (1/2 cup vinegar, 3 pcs chillies, 1 small onions, salt & pepper)
Great for starters.