Italian Style-Chicken and Mushrooms
This is the recipe I created when I had a trial on the spot cooking interview at restaurant in takapuna, auckland…I was really surprise and did not expect a cooking on an interview…The chef wants a chicken meal that is something healthy. This is the first thing that come in my mind, I need to have a meal with veggies….the outcome is, the chef loves it. I was hired on the spot! but due to some personal reason, I did not pursue with my application….Did you know that Mushrooms are the only vegetable and the second known source (after cod liver oil) to contain vitamin-D in edible form. They are rich in calcium (good for bones), iron(benefits in anemia), potassium(very good for lowering blood pressure), copper (anti bacterial) and selenium (very good for health of bones, teeth, nails, hair and as an anti oxidant).
Ingredients: good for one serving
- olive oil
- 1 medium onions
- 80-100 gms chicken fillet (cut in bite size)
- 30-40 gms chicken liver
- salt & pepper
- italian red wine vinegar
- 4-5 pcs dried mushrooms (soaked in 2 tbsp red wine vinegar & mix herbs & 1/2 cup water)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2-3 pcs baby potatoes (boiled half tender)
- 1/2 pc small carrots
- in a pan, heat olive oil & saute onions, chicken & liver for at least 2 minutes, add in carrots & potatoes.
- add in mushrooms and its juice. seasoned with soy sauce & salt pepper. reduce until sauce is thickened.