Pumpkin soup…I will consider that this soup is the healthiest kind of them all. To make my pumpkin soup exciting, I added a bunch of vegetables such as potato, kumara, onions, carrots & celery…hmmmm, sounds really healthy….Did you know that pumpkins are also high in Lutein & Zeaxanthin which protect the eyes against free radical damage and prevent formation of cataracts and degeneration of the eye tissues….
Ingredients: serves 12-15 bowls
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onions (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 1 pc medium carrots (diced)
- 1 medium potato (diced)
- 1 big pumpkin (approx 1.2-1.5 kls)
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups water or chicken stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- parsley for garnishing
- Roast pumpkin for in oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes or until well cooked. peel and let cool.
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil and saute onions for 2-3 minutes. add in all vegetables except pumpkin. seasoned with salt & pepper. simmer for about 5 minutes. add in water/stock & sugar, let it boil for another 5 minutes. add in pumpkin and stir well.
- seasoned and adjust your taste through salt & pepper. lastly, add your cream and turn off fire.
- puree soup into a blender or food processor in a little quantity (1-2 cups at a time)
- best serve with garlic bread..