Chicken and Pumpkin Cake in chilli pepper sauce
I love this dish, It’s a mix of pumpkin, chicken & peppers(capsicum) but preparing this dish needs a lots of patience…To be honest, the process is too long, but as they say..At the end of the journey, there’s always a surprise waiting…So, Lets start with the ride….Did you know that chilli contains seven times more vitamin C than orange…It is also an excellent source of Vitamin A & B… Recent studies prove that consuming just a little chilli pepper (fresh or dried) each day helps us fall asleep, and stay asleep longer. And adding a little fresh-cut chili to your evening meal may also help you feel more awake the next day. Ingredients: makes 20-25 pcs of pumpkin cake
- 1 kl pumpkin (roast at 180 degrees for 1 hour, peeled & seeds out)
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 3 bell peppers (red, green & yellow)
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 500 gms baked chicken breast(baked at 180 degrees for 45 minutes just seasoned with salt & pepper)
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp of salt & pepper
- 3 pcs eggs
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients…Mix well using your hands.
- Grab a handful of mixtures approx 120 gms and form in a circle / or a mini cake. makes 20-25 pcs approx or more
- In a pan, heat little oil, and seared pumpkin cake on both sides. place in a baking tray.
- Pre-heat oven, and bake your pumpkin cake for 15 minutes.
- You can store in fridge and heat upon serving. Serve with chilli pepper sauce.