Satay Chicken with Vegetables
Satay Chicken….When I tasted this dish, I remember something, it’s a “migoreng satay noodles”…It’s a special blend of peanut butter and sweet chilli sauce…My wife love it. I cooked this recipe banquet style – I cook them separate. stir-fry the meat first and cook the sauce, then toss it. Because in banquet & caterings, we usually fry all the meats, then make a kind of sauce and toss it. Time is gold in the kitchen…Did you know that peanut butter contains fairly high quantities of dietary fiber which again helps in regulating both blood cholesterol and blood sugar levels. In some studies, they say Peanut butter is a very caloric, yet very healthy food. . .
ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 1 tbsp oil & oil for frying
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 30 gms crushed ginger
- 6 pcs chicken wings (cut into 2 each)
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 100 gms carrots (cut big strips)
- 100 gms potato (cut big strips)
- some parsley for garnishing
- In a separate frying pan – fry chicken(seasoned with salt & pepper) until half done and set aside.
- in a mixing bowl, mix peanut butter, water, soy sauce & chilli sauce. mix well
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic & onion. add in potato & carrots. simmer for 2-3 minutes o until half done.
- pour in “mix sauces” and add “fried chicken”. cook for about 3-5 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve hot!
Posted on August 6, 2011, in Chicken, Mains and tagged Chicken, Chicken satay, satay, vegetables. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.