Sweet Chilli Roasted Chicken
As I read the label of a bottle of sweet chili sauce…I notice a recipe of a chicken using this sauce…Out of curiosity, I tried it. And its awesome, Just made a little revisions to make it more flavorful. . .Did you know that chickens are rich source of a variety of essential nutrients and vitamins, which assist in strengthening the immune system of the body. Chicken is also good source of niacin, a B-vitamin that protects the body against cancer. Chicken is also reputed to be one of the safest meats available, as it is least associated with any side-effects of consumption….
Ingredients: (good for 3-4 persons)
- 1 whole chicken approx 1 – 1.3 kilo
- 1 cup of sweet chilli sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of pineapple juice
- In a container, pour all ingredient except chicken and mix well. add in chicken and rub evenly. cover and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven for 5 minutes at 160 degrees celsius. On the same temperature, place chicken (thigh up) and baked for 45 minutes. (brush every 10 minutes with the remaining marinade mix)
- serve hot!!!