Beef Brisket…this dish is very similar to philippines’ “PARES”, ..Brisket is a popular food in chinese restaurant and takeaways…You can do a lot of meal using this beef brisket, you can top it on egg noodle soup, some serve it on a stir-fry vegetables and many more… Did you know that beef is a good source of protein, cholesterol, sodium, VitaminB6, Vitamin B12, zinc, iron, phosphorus, niacin, iron and selenium. The protein in Beef helps in providing strength to the body and helps in building muscles.
Ingredients: serves 6-8 persons
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onions (sliced)
- 1 kl beef brisket (cut in bite size)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup kikoman / soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red bean curd
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 pcs cinnamon bars (wrapped in a tea bag)
- 5 pcs star anise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 2 pcs carrots (sliced bite size)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- slices of onion leeks for toppings
- In a large sauce pan, bring to boil beef, water, celery, star anise, cinnamon bars & onions for 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- In a separate pan, saute garlic, hoisin sauce, red bean curd, carrots and seasoned with salt & pepper, kikoman, sugar.
- remove cinnamon bars and add in your sautéed ingredients. Boil for another 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- You can serve in a bowl of steamed rice or topped to egg noodle soup and garnish with onion leeks.