Pork and Beans
Pork and beans…I remember when I was a child, I can almost finish two cans of pork and beans in one meal at a time, but when I grew up and learn how to cook, I start to hate canned and instant foods..So now, I cook it similar to my favorite canned pork and beans, I check the ingredients at the label of the can and used it as my own recipe for this dish..It turns out really tasty as it can be….Did you know that kidney beans provide your body with many of the building blocks you need to maintain good health. Kidney beans also have specific benefits for your heart and digestive health. They are a cheap and convenient way to improve your diet and your health.
Ingredients: serves 3-4 persons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 150 grams pork meat with fat (liempo) cut in to bite size
- 1 cup red kidney beans (soak in 2 cups water for 24 hours)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- salt & pepper
- Parsley leaves for garnishing
- In a sauce pan, boil red beans for about 30 minutes or until beans are soft.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion, add in pork and seasoned with salt & pepper. saute for about 5 minutes
- combine pork into the saucepan of boiling beans, add in tomato sauce, sage and thyme. adjust your taste by adding fish sauce.
- you can add water for your desired thickness.