Bibingkang Malagkit (glutinous rice cake)
My wife cooked this dish. . It’s from her grand mother original recipe and cooking method..It is so creamy & yummy that we made it twice in 2 weeks time..(usually we don’t cook twice as we share recipe on this food blog)…It is best when you have a cup of coffee or tea in the morning or in your snack time….Did you know that glutinous rice ia a good source of carbohydrates and some protein. Carbohydrates – helps give you the energy you need to start and end your day in work or school. Protein is an essential nutrient because it is involved in the structure of your skin, muscles and other bodily tissues
Ingredients: (good for 6-8 persons)
- 2 cups glutinous rice
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar- brown
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar – brown
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- In a pan, boil coconut milk. Add glutinous rice and salt. For 15-20 minutes, cook and stir the rice until it is tender and almost dry. Add in brown sugar and cook for 5 minutes.
- On a pan with lined greased foil, spread the cooked rice.
- Pre-heat oven 180 degrees.
- For the topping, mix together the coconut cream and the sugar.
- Pour evenly the mixture on top of the cooked rice.
- Bake the rice for 10-15 minutes or when the top turns brown.
- Serves 6-8 persons. Enjoy….
Posted on August 14, 2011, in breakffast dishes, Snacks and tagged Bibingka, cake. coconut, glutinous rice, rice. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Pingback: Glutinous rice « Community Care ::: Affordable Therapy Collect