Crab N’ Corn Chowder
Crab n corn chowder…..the recipe is great for banquets and catering. I remember when I was working in banquets, this soup is quite popular on our set menu’s list. almost every functions, we had this soup….Did you know that crab meat contains omega-3 fatty acids, which help lower blood pressure and thus reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. In addition, omega-3 fatty acids are known to lower triglycerides, increase the supply of HDL or good cholesterol, prevent blood clotting and strengthen resistance to infections
Ingredients(serves 8-10 persons)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onions
- 1 stalk celery
- 6-8 pcs of crabmeat processed (cut in dice and leave 2 pcs for garnishing-cut strips)
- 2 pcs crab / or crab claws (to add that exquisite flavor)
- 2 cups of mixed veggies(more in corn, carrots, peas)
- 1.5 liter of water
- 1 cup flour dissolve in 1 cup water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- drizzle of olive oil
- a bunch of smile while cooking!!!!
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic onion and celery for 2-3 minutes. add in crab claws or whole crab and stir for another 3-4 minutes. add in crab meat processed, veggies and water. bring to boil then add cream & flour. seasoned with salt & pepper and mixed herbs.
- Add cheese and drizzle with olive oil before serving!!
- Best with garlic bread…