Bacolod Chicken Inasal(Grilled Chicken)
I remember before I went to New Zealand, there s a new Inasal Restaurant in th Philippines that offers a “rice all you can” when you order one of chicken Inasal meal. I used to have my lunch there especially when I am busy preparing my documents going here in NZ. They serve the Inasal with achara and sinamak(vinegar, chillies & garlic, onions, ginger)….Did you know that chicken is a good source of protein, as it contains very little fat compared to other sources of meat. However, if you have a severe cholesterol problem, then chicken may not be good for you, as it contains a considerable amount of cholesterol….
Ingredients:(serves 6 person or 6 skewers)
- 6 pcs thigh and legs (cut in serving size)
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup vinegar(should be made in the philippines – cane vinegar)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 pcs calamansi / 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp achuete oil
- 3 tbsp margarine melted
- 6 pcs barbeque sticks
- In a container, mixed all ingredients together except chicken, mix well. add chicken and rub evenly. Cover container and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- place chicken meat in a skewer, save the remaining marinade mix for brushing.
- In a griller, preferably charcoal grill if you have…grill chicken and brush every 5 minutes of the remaining marinade mix
- Serve with achara or sinamak sauce(1 cup vinegar, chillies, 3 cloves crushed garlic, 1 med onions & some ginger)
To make achara: go to my food blog “search” and type achara
Posted on August 20, 2011, in Appetizers, Chicken, Mains and tagged Bacolod chicken inasal, Chicken, chicken inasal, grilled chicken, grilled chicken inasal, inasal na manok, Roast chicken. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.