Pancit Guisado (canton-bihon)
There are many kinds of pancit in our country philippines, to name some, we have pancit sotanghon, canton, bihon, lomi, mami, pancit malabon, luglog and many more.It is very similar to chinese noodles cooking style. as we know this dish was inspired by the chinese. I cook this as guisado or pancit malabon combining two types of noodles – Bihon and pancit malunggay(canton).. . Did you know that rice noodles are best alternative to rice and pasta because they provide the carbohydrates we need for our body… Rice noodles also make a good base for a low-calorie meal because they are relatively low in calories and fat. ..
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 clove crushed garlic
- 1 medium onions diced
- 1/4 kilo chicken breast(boiled in 3 cups water with salt & pepper- save the broth)
- 100 gms pork liver
- 6-8 pcs squid balls
- 6-8 pcs dried mushrooms (soak in water for 1 hour)
- 1 pc small caroots (julliene cut)
- 6 pcs chicharo
- 1/8 kl of cabbage (julliene)
- 3 stalks of coriander
- 1 stalk of celery
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- squeeze of lemon
- In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in pork liver, chicken and squid ball, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and seasoned with soy sauce and salt & pepper. add in broth, let it boil for a minute. don’t over cook the veggies. Set aside.
- In the same wok, boil chicken broth and add in canton & bihon together. bring to a boil and adjust your taste by adding fish sauce. In a serving plate, pour in your pancit and topped with the guisado meat & vegetables.
- Serve hot and enjoy!! then squeeze with some lemon juice.
Posted on August 21, 2011, in Mains, Noodles and tagged pancit bihon, pancit canton, Pancit canton bihon, Pancit Guisado. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.
My husband and I love pancit, but his usually comes out better than mine. And I didn’t know that the rice noodles were lower in fat and calories. Thanks for sharing!
your always welcome!!!! my family loves it as well….have a great day..thanks!!!
really love it….
Pingback: Pinoy Spaghetti « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas
Pingback: Chopseuy « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas
Pingback: Sotanghon Guisado (vermicelli) « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas