Banquet Stlye – Beef with Mushroom Sauce
A popular dish for banquet and caterings. It’s always on the menu list of our clients back in the philippines (celebrity sports plaza) It is a tender slices of beef served with mushroom sauce. You can pair this dish with roast chicken, buttered vegetables, fish fillets and a pasta plus the soup & salad bar.(that was one of our banquet set menu) …Did you know that mushrooms are among the best foods you can eat to bolster your immunity. Maintaining a strong immune system is very important, especially as you get older. It produce a compounds known as beta glucan, which keep immune cells in a state of vigilance, guarding against disease. Some research reveals that mushrooms contain ergothioneine, an antioxidant that contributes to immun health, as well as to the protection of the eyes, skin, liver, kidneys and bone marrow.
Ingredients: (good for 3-4 persons)
- 1 kl of beef (sirloin ) cut in thinly slices
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups cream of mushroom sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 medium onions (diced)
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolve in 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup oil for stir-frying
- Botton mushrooms (optional for extenders)
- in a container, season beef with salt & pepper, soy sauce & baking soda-helps beef become more tender)
- in a pan, heat oil and fry beef until medium done. set aside
- in the same pan, cook onion on the remaining oil until caramelize. add butter. then pour botton mushrooms and cream of mushroom sauce, let it boil and add cornstarch mix as thickening agent. seasoned with salt & pepper.
- toss beef on the pan and remove from heat. Serve hot.