Spaghetti with Seared Cajun Chicken and Salsa Fresca
This is the latest dish I created in our Cafe…It turns out to be my boss favorite meal. It is a grilled chicken spiced with cajun seasoning served with a salsa and spaghetti tomato based noodles…Did you know that cajun seasoning is mainly composed of cayenne pepper. Cayenne is known for its thousand of health benefits. It is great for the stomach and the intestinal tract. It stimulates the peristaltic motion of the intestines and aids in assimilation and elimination. . . Some reserach says it can do everything from kills cancer cells in the prostate, lungs, and pancreas to immediately stop a heart attack within 30 seconds. “A teaspoon of cayenne could bring the patient out of the heart attack.” . . .
Ingredients (good for sharing)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- red & green capsicum
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 150 gms spaghetti noodles
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- dash of marjoram & thyme
- chopped fresh parsley
– In a teflon pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions. add in the rest of ingredients and set aside
- 150 grams chicken breast (seasoned with cajun & sat & pepper)
– heat a little oil in a grill pan…seared chicken for 5-8 minutes until brown.
Salsa Fresca: (makes 6-8 servings)
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium green capsicum
- 1 medium red capsicum
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium onions
- 1 stalk coriander
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of salt & pepper
– in a container, mix all ingredients together, let it chilled for 30 minutes or overnight, cover and keep in fridge will last 2-3 days.
– using your imagination, plate nicely in a 12 inches round plate. serve with garlic bread
Posted on August 31, 2011, in Chicken, Mains, Pasta and tagged cajun, Cajun Chicken, Pasta, salsa fresca, Spaghetti with cajun chicken. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.
this is what you call….superb…..
Pwede ba tong libre pag pumunta ko sa cafe niyo?
Hi Nors – Thanks for recommending using a Teflon® non-stick pan for cooking Spaghetti with Seared Cajun Chicken and Salsa Fresca. I represent DuPont and it’s always a pleasure to see people recommending our products.
If you are interested in some recipes or great cookbooks to look at, drop me an email and I would be glad to help you out! Thanks. Cheers, Sara
Your always welcome…I really love using teflon, it is really non stick, specially when you cook pasta, seared some meat and more….thanks!!
Pingback: Cajun Cafe’s Bourbon Chicken « Ownchef