Healthy Beef and Vegetable Casserole
Health is wealth…..This is a one dish meal made of beef and healthy selection of vegetables that include pumpkin, potato, celery, carrots & onions slow cooked to perfection. I intend to blend all the vegetables present in the recipe, it serves as a thick creamy sauce and best for kids who hardly eat vegetables, they can see the little ones, but not the “blended ones!!!. I would say my daughter are one of those, she always set aside on her plate every little piece of veggies, but this time, she can’t……Did you know that regular consumptions of pumpkin can boost your immune system and can help promote the health of your eyes because of its good source of vitamin A and Vitamin C..
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sliced onions
- 1 cup carrots cubes
- 1 small potato cubes
- 1 stalk celery slice
- 1 kl beef brisket cut in serving portion
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 pc chopped chillies (optional)
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables(peas, carrots, corns, beans) –
- In a separate sauce pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and seared beef until brown. seasoned with salt & pepper, marjoram & thyme. add water and bring to a boil at low heat for 45 minutes or until beef is tender.
- in a separate pan, heat oil and saute onions and the rest of the vegetables. stir fry well then add 1/2 cup water and boil. Using a blender or food processor, blend saute vegetables then pout to seared beef and bring to a boil using low heat for another 5 minutes then topped with mixed vegetables. add fresh cream then serve hot.