Pancit Lomi Guisado
I love pancit of any kind…I was craving for this a long time ago. I remember when me and my father in law use to go to Quezon Circle for a jogging exercise, we always have this dish(whew!! after burning such calories then we go for a big breakfast..hahahaha!!!)…Pancit lomi is an egg noodle soup made with a chicken or beef broth base that contains meat and a variety of other ingredients such as vegetables. . . . . Did you know that egg noodle is a rich source of proteins. Your body uses protein to build and repair tissues. You also use protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.
ingredients: (serves 4-6 persons)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium minced onions
- 3 pcs chicken wings(cut half)
- 100 gms chicken liver
- 300 gms pancit lomi
- 2 pcs eggs
- 4-6 pcs squid ball
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp of salt / pepper
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 medium carrots sliced
- 2 bunch bok choy or 100 gms cabbage sliced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add chicken and liver and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- add in squid ball and seasoned with soy sauce, salt & pepper.
- add the rest of the vegetables and lomi, cook for another 5 minutes
- add water and adjust your taste by adding fish sauce
- Bring to a boil ..dont over cooked the vegetables.
- Turn off heat and break in 2 pcs eggs and stir.
- serve hot!!
Posted on September 4, 2011, in Mains, Noodles, Snacks, Soups and tagged lomi, lomi guisado, pancit lomi, Pancit lomi guisado. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
Gusto ko rin to, kaso mas gusto ko yung may sabaw din
Pingback: How to Eat Healthy at a Chinese Buffet | Healthy Chinese Recipes
Pingback: Sotanghon Guisado (vermicelli) « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas