achara..The first time I taste this in new zealand was the birthday of my friend(raymund)..I remember the last time I taste this was back in the philippines, maybe 5 years ago, It is usually serve in a fiesta(fiest in baranggay) best paired with menudo and some fatty and oily dishes..(sorry for my term)..Believe me, after eating achara,,(matatanggal ang pagkasuya mo)…….Did you know that papaya works magic on strengthening the immune system preventing common colds and flu…..
- 2 medium unripe papaya
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1 medium red onions
- 1 capsicum
- 1 cup vinegar & 1/2 cup white sugar cooked in 1/2 cup water(boil)
- 1 tbsp pepper corns
- 1 tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl, grate papaya and press with salt. then combine all ingredients. mix well
- In a jar container, place the achara mixture and pour boiled water and vinegar until covering all achara.
- Cover jar and fridge for a minimum of 5 days.
- Best serve as side dish for any dishes.