Some people consider this as a good “bait” for fishing, but for me it’s a meal. It is also a favorite appetizer especially in a Pub / Bar / Disco House pairing with glass of wine or cocktails, a bottle of beer (whew!!!) as I mentioned before on my previous blog, please drink moderately!!! . …Did you know that Calamari is a good source of protein. Protein is well known for its role in building healthy muscles, but is also important to dieters because it helps keep your appetite under control.The body processes protein slowly, helping you stay or feel full.
ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 2-3 pcs medium squid cut in rings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1 pc egg
- 1/2 cup cold water
- oil for frying
Dipping sauce: vinegar, onion, garlic & chillies
- In a container, pour in squid and rub with vinegar, salt & pepper..rub well and set aside for 30 minutes then add 1/2 cup flour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour, water & egg. mix well.
- Dip squid mixture one at a time to flour mixture then deep fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with vinegar dipping sauce