Brazo de Mercedes
“If I will call this as a racing car, it would be the classic 1967 ford mustang GT500shelby”……It’s a melts in your mouth dessert!!! To be honest, It’s not easy to make this recipe specially for first timer, but once you learned the patience of making it, you’ll find it easy. and best of all, the ingredient is very typical and simple. You will find most of it just in your kitchen cup board……..Did you know that the main ingredient of this dish is egg, and eggs are great for the eyes. According to one study, an egg a day may prevent macular degeneraton due to the carotenoid content, specifically lutein and zeaxanthin. Both nutrients are more readily available to our bodies from eggs than from other sources…
- 10 raw eggs, separate yolks from white
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 tbsp confectioner sugar
- 1 can 14 oz condensed milk
To prepare custard:
- In a saucepan using low heat settings, whisk egg yolks then add condensed milk, vanilla extract. cool down and set aside
To prepare merengue:
- In a mixing bowl, pour in egg white and cream of tartar and mix using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. add in caster sugar in small quantities and whisk.
- Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees celsius. In a cookie pan, spray oil and place baking paper, spread merengue using a spatula evenly. You can use fork to create lines and designs. Bake for atleast 10 minutes or until lightly brown. cool down and set aside and dust with sugar confectioner
- flip over the merengue and spread custard evenly. again, dust it with sugar confectioner
- Then slowly roll over the cake to form a cake roll look-alike. Be gently.
- Place in fridge for minimum of two-hour.