Pita-Pitaka Burger (pita pocket burger)
I remember back in the Philippines, this snack is a famous food inside the mall which you can find in the a food cart. It has many varieties of filling, to name some, they sell tuna chunks, sausages, chicken, veggies and many more….Before I made this, I had a little story, I was watching a television together with my daughter when I saw the little girl preparing this snack, out of curiosity, I just replicate everything she did since I already have a burger patties inside my fridge…..Did you know that pita pocket breads are made with wheat flour, and using wheat flour or cereals in your diet considerably lowers the hazards of heart diseases, owing to its comparatively low-fat content. It also regulates blood glucose in diabetic patients.
Ingredients: makes 4-6 pita burgers
In the plate:
- 3 pcs pita pocket bread
- 3 pcs burger patties
- 3 pcs sliced cheese
- 3 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- some fancy lettuce or mesclun greens
- tomato relish (just saute some onions in little oil and add tomato sauce, salt & pepper).
* using your imagination, assemble the following ingredients nicely…
Burger patties recipes: makes 12-15 patties depending on your desired size
- 500 gms minced beef
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 med minced onions
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together and form a patties at approx 80-100 gms each
- your choice of cooking method will be, pan fry or grill.