Stir-fry Beef with Vegetables
This is the dish we always order everytime we go to our favorite cantonese-hongkong restaurant(birkenhead). The beef is so tender and the vegetables are so fresh and crispy. According to my wife, this restaurant have the most dummies chilli sauce in a New Zealand. I replicate well the taste of the dish but I failed copying their chilli sauce(huhuhuhu)….Did you know that vegetables in this dish such as broccoli is named as one of the most nutritious vegetables in the world. . Broccoli is rich in calcium and phosphorous, needed for strong bones and teeth. Broccoli is also rich in vitamin C, which aids the absorption of calcium. Eating calcium rich foods can help prevent bone loss and osteoporosis
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium onions sliced
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 100 gms thinly sliced beef(rubbed with 1 tsp of baking soda for at least 30 minutes)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolve in 3/4 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 150 grams of mixed vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, onion leeks, capsicum & celery
- In a wok, heat oil and add beef stir fry for about 2-3 minutes in high heat settings. add in garlic, onions & ginger.
- then seasoned with soy & oyster sauce, rice wine & salt & pepper.
- add in vegetables and cook for about 2-3 minutes until vegetables are half done.
- pour in cornstarch mixture and let it cook for another minute.
- serve hot!!!