Oven Baked Pork with Hoisin-Barbeque sauce
It’s a barbecue with a touch of asian, that’s the hoisin sauce. All the different flavors such as sweetness of sugar, sour of lemon, saltines of fish sauce blending together and matching with the distinctive taste of hoisin and sesame oil, Whew!! What can you ask for? ready the charcoal, and let’s start the barbeque…..Did you know that hoisin sauce is primary ingredient is cane sugar?, and cane sugar is good in prevention and treatment of cold and flu symptoms. It helps reduce congestion and ease sore throats. Cane sugar also helps prevent cancers like prostate and breast cancer. Also, unlike refined sugars, sugar cane helps revitalize, energize and hydrate the body after exercise……
Roast Pork ingredients: good for 6-8 persons
- 1 kl pork chops / pork belly
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 5 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 each of salt & ground pepper
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soda water or sprite
- In a container, mix all ingredients except the pork, mix well.
- Add in pork and rub evenly. cover container and marinade for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- roast pork at 180 degree celsius for 30-45 minutes
- serve hot!!
- 1 stem onion leeks chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small shallots minced
- 2 tbsp ginger minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water
* in a small pan, heat oil and saute all the ingredients, serve on top of the pork barbecue.
Posted on September 30, 2011, in Appetizers, Mains, Pork and tagged Barbequed pork, oven bake pork, oven bake pork barbeque, pork barbeque, pork barbeque in hoisin sauce, pork in hoisin sauce. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.