Pancit Bihon Guisado(rice stick noodles)
Pancit bihon…..one of the many recipe on how you will enjoy “pancit”…This dish is the most common food in a fiesta or gathering, occasions such as birthdays – traditionally, old folks say “long noodles gives you long life”….. In my country, you will find this on all canteens(small cafe) specially during AM and PM snack time selling for just 15-20 pesos(about 50 cents in new zealand dollar). Back home, We usually have this for bereakfast matching it with pandesal(Philippines famous bread) and a cup of coffee…..Did you now that rice noodles contains low in calorie and fat, but most pancit dishes prepared with oil and other meats. However this noodles is loaded with carbohydrates, it’s the complex carbohydrates, which deliver energy slowly over time. These carbohydrates are easier on the pancreas than simple carbohydrates, and they contribute to weight loss by reducing food cravings….
Ingredients: makes one pyrex enough to feed 10 persons
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 clove crushed garlic
- 1 medium onions diced
- 1/4 kilo chicken breast(boiled in 3 cups water with salt & pepper- save the broth)
- 100 gms chicken liver
- 6-8 pcs dried mushrooms (soak in water for 1 hour)
- 1 pc small caroots (julliene cut)
- 500 gms pancit bihon
- 100 gms baguio beans
- 1/8 kl of cabbage (julliene)
- 3 stalks of coriander
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- squeeze of lemon
- In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in chicken liver, chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and seasoned with soy sauce and salt & pepper. add in broth, let it boil for a minute. don’t over cook the veggies. Set aside.
- In the same wok, boil chicken broth and add in bihon together. bring to a boil and adjust your taste by adding fish sauce. In a serving plate, pour in your pancit and topped with the guisado meat & vegetables.
- Serve hot and enjoy!! then squeeze with some lemon juice.
Posted on October 2, 2011, in Noodles, Snacks and tagged bihon, pancit bihon, pancit bihon guisado, rice noodles, rice stick noodles, stick noodles. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.
Pingback: ¡Ay! « fou fou fou femme
Pingback: Chopseuy « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas
Pingback: Sotanghon Guisado (vermicelli) « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas
Pingback: Pancit at Tinapay (bread and noodles) « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas