Chocolate lovers?….You need to try this, It’s a classic chocolate mousse made by me and my wife. I prepared the mousse and she finished the toppings. I was very eager to make this because it’s been a long time since I had one, the last time was maybe 4 years ago. So here it is, I am happy to share to you guys my favorite chocolate recipe……..Did you know that chocolate mousse main ingredients are heavy cream, and this cream is excellent sources of protein & calcium. This is a very helpful nutrients. For instance, Calcium is a good aid in maintaining bone health, dental care, prevention of colon cancer, reduces obesity, etc. While protein helps our body to build and repair tissues…..
Ingredients: makes 12-15 container approx 10 oz
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream – whipped
- 1 1/4 cup 70 % dark chocolate bits
- 3/4 cup butter unsalted
- 3 pcs fresh eggs (white and yolk separate)
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 12-15 container with lid approx 10 ounces
- 1/2 cup chocolate bits sweetened for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, using electric mixer, whipped the cream until fluffy, then add 1/2 cup of caster sugar and vanilla essence. set aside. divide in 2 sets (we will call this “Mix A & B”)
- In a microwavable bowl, pour in butter and dark chocolate then heat in microwave for 1 minute. then stir, add in egg yolk one by one and stir until it become smooth. then add 1/2 the remaining 1/2 cup caster sugar, stir well. we will call this as “Mix C”.
- In another mixing bowl, whip egg white until smooth fluffy then add cream of tartar. continue whipping until smooth and fluffy. then add in icing sugar and whip. set aside. Divide in 2 sets(we will call this “D & E”)
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in “Mix A, C and D”. fold gently, then pour a portion approx 4 oz in the 12 to 15 containers.
- Fold gently “Mix B and E” then top it to the “containers”
- Top the containers with chocolate bits and chilled for a minimum of 4 hour or overnight.