Sinigang na hipon(shrimp in tamarind soup)
Sinigang…..Similar to pinoy’s ADOBO, you can cook variety of meat such as beef, pork, fish(sinigang sa miso), chicken(sinampalukan)using this type of menu. When we are in a hurry for a great meal, this is what we are having, it is so easy to prepare that could take few minutes of your time. Just boil water and pour all ingredients together. Sometimes good dishes doesn’t have to be complicated ……….. Did you know that shrimps maybe small in size, but they are huge in terms of nutritional value. Shrimps contain astaxanthin, a carotenoid that gives them their pink color and that can act as a potent antioxidant and protect the skin from premature aging. Also the omega-3 fatty acids in shrimp provide antioxidant protection. It is also loaded with protein, vitamin D, vitamin B3, and zinc, shrimp are an excellent, carbohydrate-free food for anyone determined to shed off pounds…..
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons 12 – 15 pcs shrimps or prawns
- 1 small radish sliced
- 1 small eggplant sliced
- 1 stem of onion leeks
- 1 bunch of bok choy of kangkong
- 1 litre of water
- 1 pouch / sachet of tamarind mix or 6-8 pcs tamarind fruit(crushed)
- 1 medium onions sliced
- 6-8 pcs string beans cut in 2′ inches long
- In a large sauce pan. add water in bring to a boil together with onions, leeks, radish, eggplant and string beans.
- Add in shrimp and bok choy. cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot!!