There are thousands of bolognese recipe’s all over the world, I made my own version. and I am happy to share to you guys that these classic bolognese was with me on every restaurant that I have worked with. Again, from Philippines to New Zealand, I bring this recipe with me. The difference among other bolognese sauce are the bunches of vegetable I include on the recipe such as mushrooms, celery, carrots, onions and more……Did you know that veggies I used in this bolognese makes my sauce really healthy, this are mushrooms which can be an ideal low energy diet for diabetics. They have no fats, no cholesterol, very low carbohydrates, high proteins, vitamins and minerals, a lot of water and fiber. Celery – is always been assiociated with lowering hi blood pressures, because of its’ natural organic sodium(salt).
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onions (diced)
- 1 cup button mushroom chopped
- 1 small carrots (small diced)
- 1 stalk celery
- 100 gms chicken liver (minced)
- 300 gms beef mince
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp corn flour dissolve in 1/2 cup water
- 500 gm spaghetti noodles (cooked)
You may also need:
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in beef mince, chicken liver and cooked for about 10 minutes and stirring every 5 minutes. add in veggies – tomato, carrots, mushroom, celery and seasoned with herbs, salt & pepper
- Add tomato sauce & paste & water. cook for another 5 minutes. add cornstarch mix and remove from heat.
- In a serving plate, place a spaghetti noodles and topped with bolognese sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley. place in oven at 180 degrees for atleast two minutes allowing the plate to be warmed and the cheese is absorbed, serve hot!!
Posted on October 15, 2011, in Mains, Noodles, Pasta and tagged bolognese, Classic bolognese, Spaghetti Bolognese. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.
I got my recipe for Bolognese from Joy of Cooking. Now my Cook’s Illustrated says that their research suggests that dairy was never in the original. And their recipe calls for 4 meats, one of which is chicken livers. So I’m rethinking the entire dish. Thanks for publishing this. It looks closer to what is “original” than mine!
Hi sherry, I agree that dairy shouldn’t be used in bolognese, otherwise it will be similar to lasagna or other baked spaghetti stuff….usually bolognese was revised by chef’s of each establishment so they can have their own identities. some chefs used bolognese as their main tomato base sauce for several dishes like a base for making a lasagna, or as toppings for your favorite hotdogs sandwich and even dipping sauce baked wedges and chips……..thanks for your time sherry!!
My wife will try this Nors . She will also try your dessert recipes, thanks for all your Pinoy recipes ! I’m flattered you subscribed to my site as well, it’s a rare honor ! Mabuhay to your site!
your always welcome ylbnoel….please let me know once your wife tried it and I will be really happy hearing it…. mabuhay to your site as well and to all the bloggers!!
It was nice to read your post. Thank you for posting this piece!
your welcome….thank you too….
this is one of my favorite dishes to order at cafes! have you tried baked bolognese? that cheesy layer of melted cheese is sooo good
yup, I believe I tried it once….