There are thousands of bolognese recipe’s all over the world, I made my own version. and I am happy to share to you guys that these classic bolognese was with me on every restaurant that I have worked with. Again, from Philippines to New Zealand, I bring this recipe with me. The difference among other bolognese sauce are the bunches of vegetable I include on the recipe such as mushrooms, celery, carrots, onions and more……Did you know that veggies I used in this bolognese makes my sauce really healthy, this are mushrooms which can be an ideal low energy diet for diabetics. They have no fats, no cholesterol, very low carbohydrates, high proteins, vitamins and minerals, a lot of water and fiber. Celery – is always been assiociated with lowering hi blood pressures, because of its’ natural organic sodium(salt).
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onions (diced)
- 1 cup button mushroom chopped
- 1 small carrots (small diced)
- 1 stalk celery
- 100 gms chicken liver (minced)
- 300 gms beef mince
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp corn flour dissolve in 1/2 cup water
- 500 gm spaghetti noodles (cooked)
You may also need:
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in beef mince, chicken liver and cooked for about 10 minutes and stirring every 5 minutes. add in veggies – tomato, carrots, mushroom, celery and seasoned with herbs, salt & pepper
- Add tomato sauce & paste & water. cook for another 5 minutes. add cornstarch mix and remove from heat.
- In a serving plate, place a spaghetti noodles and topped with bolognese sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley. place in oven at 180 degrees for atleast two minutes allowing the plate to be warmed and the cheese is absorbed, serve hot!!