Buko pandan…. A famous dessert in every occasions specially in banquets and catering, This dessert was never missed in every functions we had. . . I always remember my brother-in-law, every time he eats this dessert, I always tell him that he is not allowed to have this(because he is diabetic), as well as his wife(because his husband is diabetic), they always tell me as well, I am not allowed to have this because my brother-in-law is diebetic…hahahahaha!!!………..Did you know that by drinking buko juice and eating its meat(coconut) can prevent a simple goiter (enlarged non-toxic thyroid) because of its organic iodine content. It is also good body builder, so it is a food recommended for building up the body muscles of thin and emaciated individuals…..
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup small cubed cheese
- 1 cup nata de coco
- 1 gelatin bar(green color) dissolve in 4 cups water
- 1 tsp pandan extract
- 1 cup cooked tapioca
- 1 cup fresh buko slices (reserve juice for dissolving gelatin)
- In a sauce pan, pour water, buko juice and bring to a boil, add in gelatin and remove from heat. Transfer to a square container or pyrex, let it cool and cut into small square pieces. set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together including gelatin pieces. mix well and chilled for 2 hours or overnight.
- Best served chilled. Enjoy!!!