Mini Almond Cake
Tired of chocolate cake? or cheesecake? Well, try this one, it’s one of my favorite cake – ALMOND CAKE! It’s a simple cake made of eggs, butter and almonds. It’s like your enrty level to baking, so simple yet very satisfying dessert. I believe that sumptious desserts doesn’t have to be that complicated…….Did you know that almonds are considered anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, emollient and are also used as a tonic. They are also known as brain and bone food, probably due to their high calcium content. They help with alkalinizing the blood and relieve stagnation in the liver…..
Ingredients: makes 6-8 mini cakes
- 250 grams butter
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix butter and sugar until creamed. then add in eggs one at a time. mix well.
- add in vanilla essence, flour and ground almonds.
- In a mini cake tin or rameikin. spray oil and pour mixtures halfway then topped with sliced almonds.
- Pre-heat oven at 160 degrees celsius and bake for 30 minutes.
- best served with whipped cream paired with your favorite coffee or tea.