Nutty Chocolate Kringles
Posted by nors
Nutty chocolate kringles….It’s a cookie, and it’s a kringles. A great snack for your kids. I remember when I was a kid, kringles are one of my common snack everytime I go to a bakery near our school. I love its crunchiness, I usually dip this to a cold milk. It’s really nice remembering our childhood. How about you guys? What’s your favorite snack on your bakeries? . . . . . . Did you know that the nuts I used in this cookie are cashew nuts? And this nuts are most used in many types of cooking. They are excellent between meal snacks and are also delicious as nut butter or thrown into stir-fries and Asian dishes. They also make a delicious creamy sauce used in Indian curries. Some studies says that cashew nuts helps prevent heart related diseases, promotes bone health, antioxidant protection and energy production….
Ingrdients: makes 20-25 cookie kringles depending on desired sizes
- 300 grams dark chocolate
- 150 grams butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup nuts (cashew, pinenut, or peanuts) reserve some nuts for topping
- rainbow chocolate sprinkles for garnishing
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over boiling water. let it warm and add in egg one at a time.
- Continue stirring then add sugar, sifted flour, salt, vanilla essence and baking powder. pour in nuts and fold.
- In a baking tin, spray oil and gently form a circle cookie type or any shapes, topped with your favorite nuts and chocolate sprinkles.
- Pre-heat oven at 160 dgerees celsius and bake for 15 minutes. let it cool and sift with icing sugar.
- Enjoy! great for kids lunch box.