Chicken Afritada..It’s a casserole made of tomato sauce combined with vegetables……If you will cook this using PORK- it will be menudo, If BEEF -it’s Beef Kaldereta , If seafood – maybe callos…If I forgot to mention some, please do help me?, In some countries, they might have different ways to cook their casserole using tomato sauce. So, please tell me, how do you cook your casserole?………Did you know that tomatoes offer enormous health benefits for you, especially “cooked” tomatoes. Tomatoes are in the fruit family and have tons of vitamins and minerals in them that your body needs. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene. Some studies revealed lycopene and eating tomatoes could protect against many types of cancer, with the higher protection going to prostrate, lung, and stomach cancer.
Ingredients: serves 4-6 persons
- 1 kilo chicken cut in serving portions
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium white onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 1 large potato big dice
- 1 large carrots big dice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolve in 1 cup water
- 1 pc bell pepper dice
- 1 pc chicken sausage (optional)
- Ina large saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions then add in chicken and saute and brown for 10 minutes allowing all the chicken flavor to come out. season with salt and pepper.
- Add in potato, carrots, tomato sauce and soy sauce then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken sausage, bay leaves and bell pepper and boil for 5 minutes.
- Then pour in cornstarch mix and simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat
- Serve hot!!!
Posted on November 1, 2011, in Chicken, Mains and tagged afritada, casserole, Chicken, Chicken Afritada, chicken casserole, chicken in tomato sauce. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
Pingback: Pancit at Tinapay (bread and noodles) « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas
Pingback: Beef Mechado (beef casserole) « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas
Pingback: Menudo (pork casserole) « Foodtrip……by: nors vargas