Braised Beef with Leeks and Onions
Braised Beef…..It is a slow cooked beef perfectly combined with onions and leeks seasoned with asian condiments. It’s a very similar to japanese gyudon or Chinese Beef brisket which I already post. This is more easy to prepare than those dish. You can find this dish mostly in chinese hongkong restaurant, they made varieties of meal using leeks and onions. The use of leeks and onions in every dish brings a very appetizing smell and taste…. . . . Did you know that leeks and onions are good source of dietary fiber, they contain goodly amounts of folic acid, calcium, potassium, and vitamin C. They also have laxative, antiseptic, diuretic, and anti-arthritic properties.
Ingredients: good for 6-8 persons
- 1 kl beef brisket
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup kikoman soy sauce
- 1 big white sliced onions
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1 thumb sized sliced ginger
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 pcs star anise
- 2 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- In a large pot, boil beef with 2 cups water, ginger and star anise in a low heat settings, boil for about 45 mins or until beef is tender. drain beef and set aside. save beef stock.
- In a wok, heat oil and saute onions, leeks and add in beef, saute well until brown, then seasoned with salt & pepper, kikoman, pour in remaining stock and add in sugar
- adjust your taste by adding fish sauce. upon serving pour in sesame oil.