Baked Fish – Snapper
baked fish….One of the healthiest way to cook fish.But not all fish can be cooked using the bake method. I remember, we had a small family gathering when I cooked a fish that is not good for baking. I cooked and bring the fish to that party not knowing that my baked fish is so hard to eat and chew it like a rubber. The fish skin became like a rubber texture as well as the meat fish. I really don’t know what happened until I search the fish that it was not meant for baking. Its good for frying and grilling. Well, mistakes sometimes really happened…….Now back to the steam snapper, It’s an Asian style baked fish. mix with the flavour of ginger, leeks, sesame oil and some seasoning. It’s one of the best dish to paired with stir-frybeef vegetables or pinakbet(vegetable medley)……….Did you know that red snapper is an excellent food source of lean protein, potassium and phosphorus. Protein is a macronutrient which are body needed daily. Potassium regulates heartbeat and blood pressure, while phosphorus aids in energy metabolism and is important for forming bones and teeth. Selenium is essential for a healthy immune system and supporting proper thyroid function.
Ingredients: serves 3-4 persons
- 2 pcs big red snapper approx 1 kilo each
- 1/2 cup of sliced leeks
- 3 tbsp of knorr seasoning or seasoning soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 thumb size thinly sliced ginger
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- In a plate, rub and season fish with sesame oil, 1 tbsp of soy seasoning, salt & pepper then place ginger slices all over its body and inside stomach, inside head. place some half of leeks inside.save the other half for garnishing then cover with aluminum foil
- Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees celsius and baked the fish for 25 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked fish in a serving plate then garnish with leeks on top. In a pan, heat oil and pour over on top of the fish allowing the leeks to cooked for a while, then pour the remaining seasoning on top.
- serve hot!