A very similar dish to lasagna or lasagne…This recipe belongs to the family of tomato base pasta such as Classic Spaghetti, Pinoy Spaghetti and many more….Filipinos tastebuds is more on the sweet side of the pasta rather than the authentic Italian pasta which is the sour side. So I put lots of cheese on it.. . Cooking spaghetti really depends on your taste, no matter sweet or sour, as long as you made it with passion and love, the end results will surely be great. How about your spaghetti? ………..Did you know that baked spaghetti’s primary ingredients are tomatoes. We all know that tomatoes are loaded with lycopene, but did you know that it is also loaded with vitamin C? …. Some studies conducted have discovered that men who consumed 10 servings of tomatoes a week, or the equivalent to eating 5 tomato pasta base a week , can cut the risk of developing prostate cancer?….
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onions (diced)
- 1 small carrots (small diced)
- 1 stalk celery
- 500 gms beef mince
- 100 gms of sausage sliced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup grated cheese(reserve half for toppings)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp corn flour dissolve in 1/2 cup water
- 500 gm spaghetti noodles (cooked)
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in beef mince and cooked for about 10 minutes and stirring every 5 minutes. add in veggies – tomato, carrots, celery and seasoned with herbs, salt & pepper
- Then add ham and tomato sauce, sugar and 1/2 cup of cheese(reserve half for toppings) & tomato paste. cook for another 5 minutes. add cornstarch mix and remove from heat.
- In a pyrex or lasagna tray, place a spaghetti noodles and topped with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese. place in oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes allowing the cheese to melt and sauce and spaghetti are thickened
- serve hot!!
Posted on November 8, 2011, in beef, Mains, Noodles, Pasta and tagged Baked Spaghetti, Classic Spaghett, Kids Spaghetti, spaghetti, Spaghetti noodlesi. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
this is unbelievable!! i love baked spaghetti! it’s one of my favorite dishes to order! 🙂